3rd Annual Bright House Networks Strawberry Picking Challenge
Saturday, February 6th, 2016 open from 11:00am-3:00pm
Futch Farms: 3536 Futch Loop, Plant City, FL 33566
All proceeds benefit the children at Redlands Christian Migrant Association.
Participate in a U-pick, $5 a quart (all proceeds benefiting RCMA) U-Pick is limited to a designated area of the farm. Fresh picked berries will also be available for sale.
- Watch corporate team’s competing for the title of Best Harvest Crew
- Play strawberry featured games & activities
- A balloon artist and face painter will be present
- Snap family photos in front of our historic barn & antique tractors
- Enjoy strawberry shortcake
- Purchase fresh-picked strawberries at Misty the Garden Pixie’s Post (You may just get to meet her!)
- Participate in a U-pick, $5 a quart (all proceeds benefiting RCMA) U-Pick is limited to a designated area of the farm. Fresh picked berries will also be available for sale.
- Event emcee Melissa Zayas Moreno of Infomás
- Music entertainment by DJ
- BBQ Lunch with Kids meals available for purchase
Being active in the community has always been a focus of Wish Farms and the Wishnatzki family. After 8 years of hosting an annual charity Pro-Am tennis tournament, Wish Farms decided to take the competition from the court to the field; the strawberry field that is!
The 1st Annual Strawberry Picking Challenge presented by Bright House Networks, was in February 2014. The event raised $75,000 for Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA); a Florida nonprofit that provides quality childcare and early education for children of migrant farm workers and rural low-income families. In 2015, the event donated $76,000 to RCMA.
Bright House Networks and all of the event sponsors look forward to the 3rd Annual Strawberry Picking Challenge, where Monte Package Company will compete to reclaim their title of Best Harvest Crew. Please see information below and check back for details as we get closer to the event.
STRAWBERRY JOE TROPHY:
For families coming to enjoy a day on the strawberry farm, the picking challenge is a spectator event. Corporate teams will be competing for the coveted Strawberry Joe Trophy. The trophy is named after the late Joe Wishnatzki, our owner Gary Wishnatzki’s father. Joe and his brother, Lester, joined the family business in 1955. Joe was passionate about strawberries and would be proud to support a charity event that promotes the importance of our farmers and pickers. The “Strawberry Joe” is a perpetual trophy that will be passed around each year to the new winner. Thank you to everyone who is helping to make this event a tradition in the community!
A special thank you to all of our 2015 sponsors for supporting RCMA. We were able to donate $76,000 to the cause last year! To become a sponsor of the event, please contact Amber Maloney (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank You to Our Sponsors
ED & BARBARA BERGMANN
WILL & PAM BISSETT
AVERY FAMILY FOUNDATION
DICK & JULIE MOORE
JACK & DOREEN BRAY
MARY & BOB SIERRA FAMILY FOUNDATION, INC.
ROBERT & NANCY RUBB
Wish Farms and our family of growers is proud to donate fresh product to various community groups. Email your request to email@example.com to see if you are applicable.