1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/2 sugar
4 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- A few drops pink food coloring
Vanilla Buttercream & Toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8-inch baking pans and line them with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the egg whites one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition, scraping the bowl when necessary. Add a few drops pink food coloring.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and the buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then loosen cakes from the sides of the pans and invert on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla Buttercream & Toppings:
- Whip the butter on high speed for 2-3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- On medium speed, add 6 cups powdered sugar one cup at a time, letting each cup of sugar incorporate before adding the next.
- Add the cream and salt gradually as you add the last cup of sugar. If it seems to stiff, add another 1-2 tablespoons of cream.
- Add a few drops pink food coloring, then whip on high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Once cakes are completely cooled, add a large dollop of buttercream to the center of the first cake, spread evenly, then stack the second cake on top.
- Frost the double layer cake completely. Wash some Wish Farms Pink-A-Boo ® Pineberries with cool water and pat dry. Top and decorate your cake with a mix of halved or whole Pink-A-Boo® Pineberries