25 min Serves 2-3 intermediate
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon robust olive oil
- 1 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup candied pecans, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries (or more if you wish!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 4 strips of bacon on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven about 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of bacon. Flip bacon half way through.
- Remove from oven when brown and crisp and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb fat drippings. When cool, break into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette by placing bacon fat, olive oil, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a small jar with a lid. Tighten cover on jar and shake well to combine dressing.
- On a preheated grill, place romaine halves cut side up. Grill over medium heat about 2 minutes. Flip romaine and grill another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and assemble on serving platter.
- Drizzle grilled romaine with vinaigrette and top with blueberries, blue cheese crumbles, bacon pieces and candied pecans. Serve Immediately.