- 1 package of pre-made or store bought biscuits
- 2 cups fresh Wish Farms blueberries (plus 1 and 1/2 cup more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Make biscuits according to package instructions.
How to Make the Blueberry Sauce:
Combine all but the cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Bring to a low boil and occasionally stir.
Slowly add cornstarch mixture while stirring blueberries in order to thicken the mixture. Fully incorporate and allow to cook down for another minute or two. Cool completely.
How to Make the Whipped Cream:
Store bought whipped cream is too thin and soft for this cake. Homemade will help keep all layers upright and strong. Pour cold whipping cream and sugar into the mixer bowl. Whip on high until extremely stiff. The stiffer the mixture, the better.
How to Assemble the Shortcake:
Place one side of the biscuit onto a serving dish. Top with 1/3rd of the whipped cream then 1/3rd of the blueberry sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.