Pickled Blueberries Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh Florida blueberries
- 3/4 cup blueberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 7-8 ounces Halloumi cheese
- 4-6 cups assorted organic baby lettuces
- 1/2 cup thinly shaved red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted shelled chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Whisk together the blueberry vinegar, sugar, ground coriander, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Place fresh blueberries in hot vinegar mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain berries, reserving the vinegar.
- Grilled Halloumi cheese strips over low heat until golden.
- Build salad with lettuces, grilled Halloumi, shaved red onion, pickle blueberries and pistachios.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and serve over salad.