These cupcakes with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting are bundled together beautifully in a little mason jar and are the perfect, decadent gift!
Gift as a festive holiday treat that everyone is sure to love!
Strawberry Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar
- 1 box red velvet cake
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter, cooled
- ½ cup Wish Farms strawberries, pureed in the blender + 1 cup diced berries for layering
- ¼ cup milk
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese (half of a package), softened
- 1 stick or ½ cup of butter
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, strawberry puree, milk, plain yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add cake mix and stir.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 16-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Directions for Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, combine together softened cream cheese and butter until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar in and continue to beat until smooth and fluffy. Stir in peppermint extract until well mixed. Use right away or store in refrigerator to use later. Remember to remove from the fridge and set out at room temperature about 20 minutes before use.
Directions for Assembly
- Once cupcakes are cool, slice them in half.
- Place one bottom in each jar.
- Sprinkle layer of sliced strawberries.
- Put a layer of the frosting.