A festive and sweet spread perfect for Valentine’s Day brunch. Created by Chef Emily Ellyn and featured on Good Day Tampa Bay with Charley Belcher.
More from Chef Emily at EmilyEllyn.com
- 4 cups (about 2-pounds), fresh Wish Farms strawberries and/or pineberries, gently rinsed
- 2 lemons, zest and juiced
- 4 ½ tablespoons Ball® brand RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 5 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Place berries and the juice and zest of lemons in an 8-10 quart saucepan, turn heat to medium-high, and slightly crush berries with a wooden spoon. Whisk Ball® brand RealFruit® Classic Pectin with a cup of sugar and then stir the mixture into the berries. Add remaining sugar and cinnamon and then bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil hard for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim foam from the top of the jam.
- Blend in a blender or with a stick blender for a smooth texture if desired.
- Do the jam (“spoon”) test.
- Pour a little down the back of a frozen spoon. Run your finger through it. It should make a path that stays open. If not, boil a few more minutes and test again. Your jam is done when the jam coats the back of the spoon according to the spoon test!
- Serve immediately hot as an ice cream syrup, on the best PB & J, simply store in the refrigerator, or can it according to Emily’s Complete Home Canning Instructions.