35 minutes Serves 4-6 intermediate
- 1/4 cup muddled fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- 1 small butternut squash, about 1 1/2 – 2 lbs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound slice pancetta, cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced into thin half moons
- 1 pound fettucine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small bunch of fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Peel the butternut squash and cut into slices. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until fork tender and slightly caramelized, about 20-25 minutes. When tender, remove from oven and place in a blender. Set aside.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat and add the pancetta cubes. Cook until crispy and browned on all sides, stirring frequently. Once cooked, set aside on a paper-towel lined plate. Add the sliced onions to the same pan and mix in the muddled blueberries. Cook, stirring frequently, until thoroughly caramelized and slightly crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettucine according to package directions and drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the cup of pasta water in the blender with the squash and the 1/4 cup heavy cream, and puree until very smooth. Toss the squash puree with the fettucine, pancetta and onions.
- Just before serving, melt the 1 tablespoons of butter in a small frying pan. Fry the sage leaves in the butter until crispy, about 2 minutes. Add on top of each dish and top with fresh parmesan cheese.
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews