30 minutes Serves 3-4 intermediate
- 1/4 cup muddled fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- 1/4 cup muddled fresh Wish Farms blackberries
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 3-4 ounce bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or whole-grain Dijon
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium apples thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
Season both sides of pork chops with kosher salt and black pepper and rub the muddled berries onto the meat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large pan, and heat over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to pan and sear 3-5 minutes per side, (depending on the thickness) or until pork chops are mostly done. Chops will continue cooking in the sauce later.
Remove pork chops to a plate.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together chicken stock and mustard, set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, then add apples and onions. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Stir to combine.
Pour in stock mixture, using a wooden spoon to gently scrape the bottom of the pan to release any brown bits (those are full of great flavor).
Slide pork chops back into the pan, nestling them down in between the apples.
Cook 2-3 minutes, until pork chops are finished cooking and liquid has reduced by half.
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews