- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in 100% pineapple juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup pure can sugar
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 3/4 cup (1 1/4 stuck) butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the crushed pineapple in the bottom of a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or a 9 x 13- inch glass baking dish. Evenly distribute the blueberries over the top. Sprinkle a layer of sugar and then the cake mix over the blueberries.
- Melt the butter in a microwave- safe bowl, and pour over the top of the cake mix. Be sure to cover it all.
- Sprinkle the copped pecans and coarse salt on top.
- Bake the cake for 50 mins, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.