- 1 pound medium-size raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops, trimmed of muscle
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup bourbon
- 6 limes juice and zest, or enough to cover
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- 1/2 pint blueberries, rinsed
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted, flesh cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 orange, cut in sections and diced, juice reserved
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips, for service
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the shrimp blanch the shrimp in boiling water until no longer translucent, 1 minute. Drain and refresh in ice water. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine the shrimp, scallops, red pepper, onion, bourbon and lime juice in a large bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain off most of the liquid.
- Whisk together the orange juice and zest, olive oil, red chili flakes, mint and cilantro. Pour over fish and add blueberries, mango, orange pieces, and their juices. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and ENJOY!
Submit your review