35 minutes Serves 12 biscuits intermediate
- 2 cups (level) soft winter wheat self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 6 ounces fresh Wish Farm blueberries, washed and stemmed
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream, cold
- demerara (raw cane sugar) for sprinkling
For the Blueberry Lime Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Add flour and cinnamon (if using) to a large bowl.
- Gently fold in blueberries until they’re coated with flour.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and gently stir with a large wooden spoon until all the flour is wet.
- If some of the flour remains dry, add in a little more cream or milk. You want the dough moist and sticky but not sloppy wet.
- Scoop out the dough with a standard size ice cream scoop. Place the scoops of dough 1 inch apart on a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Sprinkle each biscuit with demarara sugar.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the tops have started to brown.