Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 Cups Fresh Wish Farms Blueberries
- 2 Cups Flour + 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Stick (1/4 Cup) Room Temperature Butter
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- Optional: The Zest of 1 Lemon & 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
Brown-Sugar Crumble Topping
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Room Temperature Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash and pat dry the Wish Farms Blueberries and pour them into a small bowl with 1 tablespoon flour and, if desired, the zest of 1 lemon & 1/4 cup lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (compatible with an electric mixer), cream together the butter, sugar, and egg. Once incorporated, add milk and then mix again until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Gently stir the coated blueberries into the batter.
- Prepare an 8×8 pan with non-stick baking spray and spread the batter into the dish (it will be thick).
- To prepare the brown-sugar crumble topping, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and room temperature butter.
- Using a fork, crush the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly in texture then pour overtop the coffee cake batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.