Homemade ice cream made with the Ninja™ CREAMi®.
- 1 1/2 cups Wish Farms Blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Wash Wish Farms Blueberries with cool water and pat dry.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir the mixture and allow the sugar to dissolve and the blueberries to cook down for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- In the Ninja™ CREAMi® pint, whisk together the milk, half and half, and the vanilla instant pudding powder until there are no clumps from the dry pudding mix. Once cooled, add in the blueberry sauce mixture to the pint, add the lid and place in the freezer overnight.
- The next day, remove your CREAMi® pint from the freezer and place in the outer bowl and then lock into place on the Ninja™ CREAMi® machine. Press the “Ice Cream” button.
- While the ice cream is being made, make the graham cracker crumble by crushing your graham crackers into small pieces, then mixing in a small bowl with sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Once the ice cream is done, remove the outer bowl from the base and with a spoon, make a well in the middle of your ice cream (take this time to see if the texture of your ice cream is soft and fluffy. If not, you may need to reload the mixture and run a “re-spin”), add the crumble mixture. Once the mixture has been added, replace the top on the outer bowl and load the mixture back into the machine. Press the “Mix-Ins” button.
- Once the machine has completed the “mix-in” cycle, remove the outer bowl from the machine and scoop and serve your fresh ice cream!