Foodie and restaurant aficionado, Tracy Guida, blogger of My Other City by the Bay, took a trip to Catrinas Cocina y Galeria, an authentic restaurant located in the heart of Palma Ceia, Florida, in honor of Cinco de Mayo. Chef Tisbeth Mejia shared this refreshing and flavorful Blueberry Mojito cocktail using Wish Farms blueberries.
- 3 oz of tequila of your choice (we used Patron)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar, plus additional for rimming glass
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- 2 whole limes
- Wish Farms Blueberries
- Sprite or Club Soda
- Large wine glass or glass of your choice
- Cocktail Shaker
- Slice both limes in half width-wise. One entire lime will be juiced for the mojito, so place those two halves aside. Slice the other two halves into wheels. Use one lime wheel to rim glass with lime juice and then dip glass into sugar. (Lime juice keeps the sugar on the rim)
- Drop a few blueberries into the sugar-rimmed glass and set aside. Next grab your cocktail shaker and add two teaspoons of sugar, the mint leaves and 5-6 blueberries.
- Squeeze the juice from the two lime halves into the shaker. You can use a citrus press or your hands.
- Next add tequila and muddle all ingredients together inside the shaker. If you do not have a cocktail muddler, you can use a spoon. After everything is muddled, add two lime wheels and about 4-6 oz of Sprite or Club Soda and gently stir. Fill your glass with ice and pour mix into glass.
- Top off with more blueberries and garnish with a few mint sprigs and a lime wheel. Disfruta!