- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons diced fresh jalapeño
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
Ingredients for the Pork
- 1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silver skin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 to 7 thin slices bacon
To make the Sauce
- Combine 1 cup blueberries, blackberries, garlic, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño and sugar in a small saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, stirring halfway though cooking.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a wire mesh strainer over the pan. press solids to extract sauce. Discard the solids.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries, vinegar and chicken stock. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To make the pork
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Season the pork all over with the salt and pepper
- Lay the bacon strips, slightly overlapping each other, on the baking sheet.
- Lay the pork tenderloin down the center of the bacon strips, perpendicular to them.
- Carefully wrap the bacon slices on one side of the pork around the tenderloin, tucking the bacon ends under the tenderloin to secure.
- Roll the tenderloin forward to finish the wrapping of the bacon.
- Secure bacon ends with toothpicks if loose
- Bake the tenderloin for 25 mins. If bacon isn’t crispy yet, broil on high for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for 8 mins.
- Slice tenderloin in medallions and serve with warm sauce.
Submit your review