School’s out for Summer! Which means our schedules get a little loose and spending quality time with the kids beats meal prepping and wasting time in the kitchen. The best way to get a great meal on the table with minimal work is the GRILL – a summer staple. Toss in a few easy sides and a refreshing drink and you have a simple meal that looks like you’ve been slaving away in the kitchen!
This is a great item to make ahead and have on hand to throw on any protein you stick on the grill! You could even use it for a fresh take on barbecue chicken pizza!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Sweet and savory and oh so simple! If you don’t have feta, you can substitute goat cheese or even shaved parmesan!
- 1 pound package Wish Farms Strawberries, chopped
- 1 package (6 ounces) Wish Farms Blueberries
- 1 bundle asparagus spears
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup feta cheese
Fresh Lemon Dressing
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (more if desired)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
My tastebuds are tingling with the thought of this perfectly paired summer cocktail! Add a pineapple wedge as a garnish and kick your feet up and enjoy the fruits of your labor (pun intended)!
- 1 Pint of Fresh Wish Farms Blueberries
- 2 cups of Pineapple Juice
- Case of Sparkling Water
- 1 Bottle of Moscato
- 1 Pineapple
Don’t forget to check out our recipe page for more deliciousness!