- 3 pints blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sachet of: ½ tablespoon juniper berries, ½ tablespoon pink peppercorns, ½ tablespoon black peppercorns, 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 sheets gelatin
- Bring all ingredients except vinegar up to a simmer.
- Cook the berries until they start to burst.
- Add vinegar and check seasoning.
- Bloom 2 sheets of gelatin and then add to the jam.
- Bring back to a boil, remove sachet, and then cool jam down.
At Élevage this recipe is used to garnish Swedish Meatballs. It’s also terrific on a biscuit or piece of toast.