This recipe was created by the world renowned chef’s at Élevage by Epicurean Hotel and Bern’s Steakhouse in Tampa, FL. This local Tampa Bay restaurant focuses on amazing flavor combinations that feature fresh, locally grown food. Wish Farms is excited to partner up with this restaurant to promote Florida blueberry season throughout the month of April. Click to visit theÉlevage website.
- 4 cup blueberry puree, strained
- 4 cup cream
- 12 sheets gelatin, bloomed in ice water
- 2 cup sugar
- 24 egg yolks
- Bring cream up to a simmer and dissolve gelatin in it.
- Add blueberry puree.
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in the warm liquid.
- Pour into ceramic crocks, drop 5-6 blueberries into each crock mix, and bake in a shallow water bath at 325F until set.
- Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool thoroughly before serving.
- When ready to eat, dust with sugar and broil or blowtorch to caramelize.