- 2 red onions, minced
- 1 finger ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon Turkish pepper
- 1 quart orange juice
- 7 pints blueberries
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cup sugar
- Mix sweat onions, ginger and garlic with the other spices.
- Once translucent, add the orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, add the blueberries and cook until the berries start to burst.
- While the berries are cooking, make a gastrique by bringing the vinegars and the sugar to a boil in a separate pot.
- Combine the two pots and reduce the chutney until viscous.
While this Chutney is great with chicken or pork, the chefs at Élevage use it to garnish wild boar chops.