This recipe was created by the world renowned chef’s at Élevage by Epicurean Hotel and Bern’s Steakhouse in Tampa, FL. This local Tampa Bay restaurant focuses on amazing flavor combinations that feature fresh, locally grown food. Wish Farms is excited to partner up with this restaurant to promote Florida blueberry season throughout the month of April. Click to visit theÉlevage website.
- 2 red onions, minced
- 1 finger ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon Turkish pepper
- 1 quart orange juice
- 7 pints blueberries
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cup sugar
- Mix sweat onions, ginger and garlic with the other spices.
- Once translucent, add the orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, add the blueberries and cook until the berries start to burst.
- While the berries are cooking, make a gastrique by bringing the vinegars and the sugar to a boil in a separate pot.
- Combine the two pots and reduce the chutney until viscous.