15 min (8 hours to chill)
This delicious berry recipe is provided by Fresh From Florida and Florida Specialty Crop Foundation.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Wish Farms strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups strawberry preserves
- 1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 pound Italian mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 1/3 cup natural sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 52 ladyfinger cookies
- Whisk preserves, 1/3 cup orange liqueur and orange juice together.
- Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in large bowl; fold just to blend.
- Using a whisk, beat cream, sugar, vanilla and remaining 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in another large bowl to soft peaks.
- Stir 1/4 of whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture to lighten.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream a small amount at a time.
- Slice half of the strawberries. Spread 1/2 cup preserves mixture over the bottom of a 3-quart serving dish or a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Arrange enough ladyfingers over strawberry mixture to cover bottom of dish.
- Spoon 3/4 cup preserves mixture over ladyfingers, then spread 2 1/2 cups mascarpone mixture on top.
- Arrange 2 cups sliced strawberries over mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat layering with remaining lady fingers, preserves mixture and mascarpone mixture.
- Cover with plastic and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice remaining strawberries.
- Arrange over tiramisu and serve.