For the muffins:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh Wish Farms blueberries
For the ricotta cream:
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
In another large bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the eggs, Greek yogurt, coconut milk, and vanilla and whisk again until combined. Add the crushed pineapple, blueberries and carrots and stir again to combine.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Pour into the muffin pans. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden, the center is set, and a toothpick comes out clean.
While bread is baking, make the ricotta. Combine the ricotta, maple syrup, and vanilla in a food processor. Blend for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Serve on top the muffins.