- 5 pounds boneless skinless
Bourbon Berry Glaze:
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 pint fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 large orange, juice and zest
- 1 head garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 25 Hawaiian Slider Rolls
- Blueberry Corn Salsa, recipe here
- Cilantro Cream Sauce, recipe here
- ½ head green cabbage, shredded, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F or heat crockpot to high.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Add to large roasting pan or crockpot set to high.
- Whisk together bourbon glaze ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours or until meat is fork tender. Once the meat is tender, remove from roasting pan or slow cooker and let cool slightly before pulling apart with a fork. **If like crispy carnita-esque meat heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Press the shredded meat into the oil and fry until crusty on one side. Then Serve.
- Build your sliders! Place a scoop of glazed chicken on slider, top with blueberry corn salsa, cilantro cream sauce, and serve with shredded cabbage. For party serving: Use your slow cooker to braise your meat as seen above. When holding meat during party add pint of stock and turn to low.
Submit your review