- 3 pounds tri-tip roast or beef roast of choice (prefer roast from the Sirloin)
Bourbon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 large orange, juice and zest
- 1 head garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortillas, for service
- 2 limes sliced into wedges, for service
- ½ head green cabbage, shredded, for service
- Blueberry Corn Salsa, recipe to follow
- Cilantro Cream Sauce, recipe to follow
Blueberry Roasted Corn Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and dried
- 3 ears (about 2 cups) corn, kernels removed (fresh or grilled)
- ¼ cup pineapple (fresh or grilled), diced
- ¼ cup (1 small) red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup (1 small) red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon (1 small) diced jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablepoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- **or, substitute 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F or heat crockpot to high.
- Rinse roast with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Add to large roasting pan or crockpot set to high.
- Whisk together bourbon glaze ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours or until meat is fork tender. Once the meat is tender, remove from roasting pan or slow cooker and let cool slightly before pulling apart with a fork. **If like crispy carnita-esque meat heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Press the shredded meat into the oil and fry until crusty on one side. Then Serve.
- Warm tortillas in oven set to broil or grill tortillas, turning once, 30 seconds per side or until small brown spots form. Set aside on a plate covered with a clean kitchen towel.
- Build your taco! Place a scoop of glazed beef on tortilla, top with blueberry corn salsa, cilantro cream sauce, and serve with wedges of limes and shredded cabbage. ENJOY!
Blueberry Roasted Corn Salsa Directions:
- Toss the blueberries corn, pineapple, pepper, red onion, jalapenos, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to mix, toss again, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cilantro Cream Sauce Directions:
- In a small, sealable container mix the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and seasoning. Mix well and taste—adjust seasoning as desire.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.