This delicious berry recipe is provided by Fresh From Florida and Florida Specialty Crop Foundation.
- 1 cup Wish Farms strawberries (rinsed, dried, hulled and sliced)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 3 cups salad greens (arugula, romaine, leaf lettuce)
- toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons natural sugar
- 4 teaspoons honey (tupelo, orange blossom)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, olive oil, honey, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Taste vinaigrette for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salad greens in a serving bowl or on individual plates and add slices of avocado and strawberries on top.
- Lightly drizzle dressing to taste and then top with toasted pecans.
- Serve as soon as salad is complete.