- 1 – 18.25 oz cake mix of choice (we chose a spiced cake)
- 1 cup fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- 2 cups frosting of choice (we chose a salted caramel flavor)
- Approximately 24 round paper candy sticks (as for lollipops)
- 2 – 12 oz bag of chocolate candy melts (set about 20 full wafers/chips aside, do not heat)
- Small yellow candy stars
- Small candy eyes
- Small red candy hearts (ideally flat)
- Candy corn
- Chocolate cookie sandwiches
- Prepare the cake mix according to instructions. Fold in the blueberries and bake according to instructions. Let cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt candy in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second bursts, stirring well after each interval. Set aside.
- Break cake into crumbs, then gently mix in the frosting, keeping the blueberries as whole as possible. Roll into tablespoon-sized balls and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Drop a cake ball into the melted candy. Coat with candy, then use a fork to place the cake ball onto wax paper or parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- While the coating on each ball is still soft, dip the tip of a paper stick in melted candy and insert it halfway into the cake ball. Allow to set for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Separate the chocolate cookie sandwiches and remove the cream filling, then dip each chocolate cookie into bowl of melted candy (reheat candy melts in 30 second intervals, if necessary to bring back to dipping consistency) and place onto wax paper
- Before the top of the candy dipped cookie has hardened, place three candy corn pieces along the top half of the cookie to create turkey feathers
- To create the turkey faces, take a whole candy melt wafer (those set aside and not heated for dipping) and use a toothpick or spoon to drizzle melted chocolate onto the face to serve as the glue for two candy eyes, 1/2 of a candy star (nose/beak), and an upside-down red candy heart (the snood/wattle)
- Using additional melted chocolate candy as glue attach the chocolate sandwich cookie to the back of the cake pop and then the turkey face (candy melt wafer) to the front of the cake pop