This recipe was created by Emily Ellyn. Emily is best known as the Retro Rad Chef from Food Network; Appearing on “Food Network Star,” “Cupcake Wars” and most recently as the winner of “Cutthroat Kitchen.” She’s also a culinary educator and food writer, who writes for “edible” magazine and is the Cake Genius at “Cake Central” magazine. When she’s not busy writing or lecturing, you’ll find Emily cooking up fun at food and spirits events around the world.
- ¼ cup mixed berries from Wish Farms
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 10 green cardamom pods or substitute
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 dashes bitters
- Gently wash and pat dry Wish Farms Berries
- In a mixing glass add berries and muddle slightly to crush berries.
- Stir all of the remaining ingredients in the mixing glass with ice. Stir vigorously for a minute and then strain into a rocks glass with a single large ice cube.
- Express an orange twist over the drink, then use it as a garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- Orange-Cardamom Syrup: In a small sauce pan, combine the peeled zest cardamom, ground cinnamon, water, and sugar. Simmer the mixture on medium-high heat until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, then bottle and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.