10 min Serves 6 easy
- 1 1/2 cups Wish Farms blackberries
- 1/2 cup Wish Farms blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces thick bread, sliced (we used Challah bread)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- fresh mint to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 250.
- In a small saucepan, combine the blackberries, blueberries, sugar, and water (covered) over a medium low flame. Once simmering and the fruit begins to burst (about 5 minutes) gently mash with a fork to help this along.
- Meanwhile, butter each side of the bread and toast as desired.
- When ready, smear each slice of bread with a thick layer of goat cheese, then spoon over with the smashed berry mixture.
- Garnish with mint, drizzle with honey.