Cream Puff Base
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 3 large eggs
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup of powdered sugar
- For the cream puff layer, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring the butter, water, and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the flour all at once and stir quickly until the mixture pulls away from the side of the pan.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir the mixture until you have a smooth consistency.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until the mixture is shiny with a satiny sheen. It is important to not overbeat.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Next, using an offset spatula, spread the mixture on the bottom and one inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and prick pastry with a toothpick about 10-12 times.
- Return to the oven and bake 5-10 minutes more until golden brown but not over baked. Then allow to cool completely.
- For the cream cheese mixture, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, to ensure that there are no lumps it is important to beat consistently. Spread onto the cooled cream puff shell.
- We suggest that you top with fresh sliced Wish Farms strawberries. You can choose to use about 2 cups of fresh strawberries and keep them refrigerated while you prepare the cake. After you have topped with the strawberries place in refrigerator and allow to cool completely.