The classic bruschetta with a pineberry twist! Created by Chef Justin Timineri of Fresh From Florida. Justin is a certified executive chef, author, award winner, teacher and winner of the Food Network Challenge Great American Seafood Cook-off.
- 1 pound Wish Farms Pink-A-Boo® Pineberries , tops removed, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Florida honey
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 12 slices of fresh Italian, French or Cuban bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic or white balsamic syrup
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, hand torn
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, goat cheese and honey. Stir ingredients until incorporated and smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with a pinch of sea salt. Set aside or in the refrigerator until one hour before use.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat or preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly drizzle the cut bread with olive oil. Place the oiled bread slices on a cooking sheet in the oven or in the preheated sauté pan. Cook the bread slices for 4 to 7 minutes or until the desired crispness is reached.
- To assemble the pineberry bruschetta, spread an even amount of the goat cheese mixture over each toasted bread slice.
- Top the bruschetta with an even amount of sliced pineberries. Lightly season each topped bruschetta with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Garnish each bruschetta with hand-torn mint leaves and a drizzle of balsamic syrup. Serve immediately.