This delicious berry recipe is provided by Fresh From Florida and Florida Specialty Crop Foundation.
- 1/4 cup, packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sweet fruit wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (chilled)
- 24 ounces Wish Farms berries (rinsed and patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons natural sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 16-ounce pound cake loaf (preferably homemade)
- Combine brown sugar, water, egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of fruit wine in medium stainless steel bowl. Place bowl over medium sized pot of simmering water (bowl should not be in contact with water.)
- Whisk until mixture triples in volume and kitchen thermometer registers 160 degrees F (about 4 minutes.)
- Place bowl inside a larger bowl that has been filled with ice and water; whisk sabayon lightly until completely cool.
- Whip cream in another medium steel bowl until soft peaks start to form.
- Slowly add sabayon to the whipped cream and fold together.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Purée 3/4 cup berries with 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon fruit wine in food processor.
- Pour purée into large bowl and stir in remaining whole berries until well-coated.
- Cut and arrange 3 thin triangle-shaped cake slices on a plate.
- Spoon berry mixture over cake.
- Top with sabayon and fresh mint leaf.