The Frozen Blueberry Mojito created with Wish Farms blueberries was made by the talented Marion, author and photographer behind “Life Tastes Good.” Follow Marion on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more recipes like this.
IngredientsBlueberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Wish Farms blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blueberry simple syrup
- juice of 1 fresh lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 cup ice
- slices of lime for garnish
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- To make the blueberry simple syrup whisk 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup water, and 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan over mid-low heat until sugar is dissolved. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Once sugar is dissolved, increase heat to medium and bring to a gentle boil. stirring often, until syrup thickens. This should take about 15 minutes. Add in 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and stir to combine. Chill until ready to use. NOTE: Most of the berries will reduce into the syrup. If you have some berry chunks left in the syrup it's ok. They will be mashed up in the blender when making the frozen mojito. If you have blueberry syrup leftover it is also delicious over pancakes or waffles.
- To make individual Frozen Blueberry Mojitos combine 1/2 cup blueberry simple syrup, the juice of 1 fresh lime (about 2 tablespoons), and 2-3 mint leaves with 1 cup of ice. Blend on high speed until the ice is crushed and mixture is the consistency you like. Give it a taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. Add more ice if you like an even thicker mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and wedges of lime. Serve immediately.
- To make this a cocktail add 2 ounces of rum and and extra 1/2 cup of ice. Enjoy!