The very berry basil Moscow Mule created with Wish Farms blueberries, strawberries and blackberries was made by by the talented Terri Miller, author and photographer behind “Love and Confections.” Follow Love and Confections on Instagram for more recipes like this.
- 1 cup Wish Farms blueberries
- 1 cup Wish Farms strawberries
- 1 cup Wish Farms blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 8-10 large basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 5 limes
- 8 ounces vodka
- Ginger beer
- Place blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, sugar, water and basil leaves in a medium pot and stir together. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then simmer on low for 5-8 minutes, or until all berries have burst or released their juices. Turn off heat and let cool for another 5 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, or a large spoon, mash the berries to make sure they have released all the juice. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a heat-proof measuring cup and refrigerate mixture until cold.
- Place crushed ice in copper mule glasses. Divide the berry mixture between them, squeeze half a lime into each glass. Add 2 ounces vodka to each glass and top with with ginger beer.
- Slice the remaining lime for garnish. Garnish with berries and basil.