20 minutes Serves 2 easy
- 1/4 cup Wish Farms blueberries
- 1/4 cup Wish Farms blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 to 8 mint leaves
- 6 ounces berry syrup
- 12 ounces Pinot Grigio
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Sambuca or similar anise or licorice liqueur
- 1/4 cup Wish Farm blueberries for ice cubes and garnish
- 1/4 cup Wish Farm blackberries for ice cubes and garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- Divide 1/4 cup Wish Farms blueberries and 1/4 cup Wish Farms blackberries among 9 to 12 ice cube compartments. Fill with water and freeze.
- To make syrup, bring 1/4 cup Wish Farm blueberries, 1/4 cup Wish Farm blackberries, sugar and water to a boil whisking constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add mint. Mash berries and mint together in the syrup. Cool for about 30 minutes for flavors to mix.
- Run cooled syrup through a fine mesh strainer. Discard mash.
- Gently stir together syrup, wine, lime and Sambuca.
- Divide berry ice cubes between 2 large wine glasses. Divide drink mixture between both glasses. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if desired.
- Note: As ice melts, the berries absorb the drink flavors as an added treat!