The Frosty Berry Sangria created with Wish Farms blueberries and blackberries was made by Cindy, author and photographer behind “Cindy’s recipes and Writings.” Follow her blog here for more recipes like this.
- 1/4 cup Wish Farms blueberries
- 1/4 cup Wish Farms blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 to 8 mint leaves
- 6 ounces berry syrup
- 12 ounces Pinot Grigio
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Sambuca or similar anise or licorice liqueur
- 1/4 cup Wish Farm blueberries for ice cubes and garnish
- 1/4 cup Wish Farm blackberries for ice cubes and garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- Divide 1/4 cup Wish Farms blueberries and 1/4 cup Wish Farms blackberries among 9 to 12 ice cube compartments. Fill with water and freeze.
- To make syrup, bring 1/4 cup Wish Farm blueberries, 1/4 cup Wish Farm blackberries, sugar and water to a boil whisking constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add mint. Mash berries and mint together in the syrup. Cool for about 30 minutes for flavors to mix.
- Run cooled syrup through a fine mesh strainer. Discard mash.
- Gently stir together syrup, wine, lime and Sambuca.
- Divide berry ice cubes between 2 large wine glasses. Divide drink mixture between both glasses. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if desired.
- Note: As ice melts, the berries absorb the drink flavors as an added treat!