1 hour and a half Serves 6 intermediate
- Double crusts for one 9” pie pan
- 7 cups total of fresh Wish Farms strawberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus a little extra to sprinkle on top of the pie
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg white, beaten with a fork
- Add berries, sugar and lemon juice to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer about 5-10 minutes, gently stirring occasionally. Taste and sweeten if necessary. (Wish Farms berries hardly EVER need extra sugar!)
- Spoon out about 1/2 cup of the juice from the pan into a bowl. Stir cornstarch into the juice until smooth. Bring pot of berries back to a simmer and slowly pour in the cornstarch.
- Gently stir mixture (being careful not to mash the berries), until thickened, about 2-5 minutes.
- Repeat above steps if necessary to thicken the mixture more.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Use a slotted spoon to grab mixture and place into the unbaked pie shell. Add the amount of juice of your liking.
- Add lattice top and pinch the edges of the top and bottom pie crusts together and crimp the edge.
- Brush a thin layer of beaten egg white over the top of the pie and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.