30 mins. (3 Hours to Chill)
This delicious berry recipe is provided by Fresh From Florida and Florida Specialty Crop Foundation.
- 2 quarts fresh Wish Farms strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried mango
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cups low-fat milk or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place the strawberry, mango, onion and orange juice into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot, allowing the fruits to simmer until soft, around 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and, working in batches, carefully purée the mixture with a blender or food processor.
- Return the soup to the pot over medium-low heat.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the soup to a bowl and whisk in the cornstarch until smooth, then return to the pot while slowly whisking until the soup thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Chill the soup completely and then add the milk and lemon juice. Chill for at least 3 hours and serve cold, garnished with fresh strawberry slices.