- 4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Blueberry Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberry filling
- Place the blueberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly for about 5-7 full minutes until the blueberry juices have been released.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the blueberries and continue to stir over medium low heat for another 2 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool as you prepare the cupcakes.
- Line cupcake pans with liners.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a medium bowl until well mixed. Press a rough tablespoon full into the bottom of each liner. Set aside while making cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Stir in sugar- mixture will be gritty.
- Stir in eggwhites, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick.
- Divide batter among cupcake liners. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Let cool 5-10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Blueberry Whipped Cream
- In a large, chilled bowl whip the cream, sugar and vanilla extract together on medium-high speed until stiff peaks begin to form, about 4-5 full minutes. Add the 1/2 cup blueberry fulling and continue to beat for another 30 seconds. Do not over beat!
- Using a sharp knife, cut a circle/ hole into the center of the cupcake to create a little pocked about 1/2 inch deep. Place 1 teaspoon of blueberry filling inside and top with the piece of cupcake you remove to seal. Repeat with all cupcakes. Top with a dollop of whipped cream frosting and serve chilled.