- 1/2 cup fresh Wish Farms blackberries
- 1 bottle red wine (750ml)
- 3 cups unsweetened apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon, fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 small orange sliced
- Combine wine, cider and honey into a pot or slow cooker and heat over low to medium heat.
- Place cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, cloves and ground nutmeg in a small sauce pan and roast over medium heat for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add spices to wine mixture and continue to heat for about 25-30 minutes, making sure it doesn’t come to a boil. Stir.
- Just before serving add brandy and about 1 cup of the sliced fruit and blackberries to the mulled wine. Ladle the mulled wine into mugs (leave seasonings behind). Garnish with remaining fruit.