This wonderful recipe is from the kitchen of Maria Provenzano, our very own Life Style Pixie. Visit Maria’s blog for delicious recipes and more!
- A pint of Wish Farms strawberries
- 4 oz goat cheese (room temperature)
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Zest of half a lemon, thyme, rosemary or your favorite herb
- About a teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- About 4 slices of prosciutto (You can leave this out if you don’t eat meat)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the prosciutto on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and, using a knife or melon baller, make a hole in the middle. Cut just enough off the bottom of the strawberries to make them flat so that they stand on their own.
- Combine the goat cheese, zest, herbs, and enough milk/cream to make the mixture creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into a plastic bag. Cut the corner of the bag and pipe the cheese mixture into the hole on the top of the strawberries (Can can do this with a spoon, but it may not look as clean).
- Top each berry with a small piece of the crispy prosciutto. Place a toothpick in each strawberry (Craft stores generally have fun festive toothpicks).