- Wish Farms Strawberries to garnish
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon strawberry extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Red food coloring
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 3 1/2 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside. (Sifting is highly recommended; you could also thoroughly whisk the ingredients together in the bowl.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, strawberry extract, vanilla extract, water, and just a drop or two of red food coloring.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk together until mixture is smooth with no lumps (batter will be extremely thin; this is normal).
- Fill cupcake liners halfway with batter and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- To make the vanilla buttercream, cream together butter and sugar, once combined add the vanilla extract and salt. Allow cupcakes to cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Top with a delicious Wish Farms Strawberry.