15 min Serves 6-8 intermediate
- 1-9 inch baked pie shell or graham cracker pie shell
- 1 1/2 cup sliced Wish Farms strawberries
- 1/2 cup + 6 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup egg whites-room temperature
- Hull and chop strawberries, mix with ½ cup of sugar.
- Let stand in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Drain and save juice.
- Bring the drained juice and salt to a boil.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoon of cold water and stir into juice.
- Cook until thick, remove from heat.
- Soften gelatin in ¼ cup cold water, add to the hot, thickened juice.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in lemon juice and drained strawberries.
- Chill mixture until thick but not set. Whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Slowly add 6 tablespoon sugar and beat until thick and glossy.
- Fold the meringue into the fruit mixture, pour into baked pie shells.
- Chill until set. Top with fresh whipped cream and Wish Farms strawberries.