Classic horchata with a fruity twist! A recipe creation that is easy, sweet and all things comfort, thanks to Food Network star Emily Ellyn.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- *Or, substitute ¾ cup honey
- 8 cups water, divided
- *Or, substitute 9 cups rice milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Wish Farm raspberrries, rinsed
- 1 cup Wish Farms strawberries, rinsed
- 1 cup Wish Farms blueberries, rinsed
- Cinnamon Sticks, optional for garnish
- Add rice, spices, sugar, and 4 cups water to a blender and pulse until a coarse mixture forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add remaining water, let soak for at least 3 hours.
- Working two batches, pulse in the blender again, adding berries to each addition, pulse until mixture is a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, sweetness, and thickness add more spices, sugar, and water as desire.
- Serve cold garnished with a cinnamon stick!