There is nothing as easy and satisfying as cooking up fresh berries in a slow cooker with warm holiday spices. The house will be filled with delightful smells that will soon evolve into filling bellies with delicious tastes! Serve over yogurt or ice cream and top with crunchy granola. A holiday help-yourself dessert or breakfast that will satisfy a large crowd. Just watch your guests ladling in for seconds or thirds!
Recipe by Chef Emily Ellyn, more at EmilyEllyn.com
- 3 pints Wish Farms Strawberries, rinsed and tops removed
- 3 pints Wish Farms blueberries, rinsed
- 2 pints Wish Farms blackberries, rinsed
- 2 pints Wish Farms raspberries, rinsed
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup brown sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt, for serving
- 2 (11-ounce) bags granola, for serving
- In a 5-to 6-quart slow cooker set to high, stir together berries, orange juice and zest, brown sugar (if desire a sweeter dessert), and ground spices.
- Allow berries to cook down for an hour and a half or until hot and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and invite your guests to dig in.
- Spoon the warm berries into bowls and top with a scoop of vanilla yogurt or vanilla frozen yogurt and finish with a sprinkle of granola.