This unique take on the traditional salad will have you asking for seconds! The sweet and savory quinoa spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette introduces a new world of flavors.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, gently rinsed and divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and dash of pepper
- 6 cups spinach leaves
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pecans, ground up
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then stir
- Start to prepare the dressing in a blender or food processor. Add 1 cup raspberries, red wine vinegar, applesauce, balsamic vinegar, coconut milk, mustard, salt & pepper. Blend together
- In a large bowl, add spinach leaves, chickpeas, walnuts & quinoa. Mix together. Add 1 cup remaining raspberries, and drizzle the dressing on top, mixing it together
- Serve with the chopped pecans & dressing and enjoy!