We found a truly AH-MAZING and delicious treat for you all to make via the Nik Snacks website and blog! She seamlessly blends the flavors of red wine and chocolate to make a match made in heaven!
Click HERE to view this recipe via her Blog and to surf other delicious recipes!
IngredientsStrawberry Red Wine Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup reduced red wine (I used Pinot Noir; instructions below)
- 1/4 cup sugar-free seedless Wish Farms strawberry jelly
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
DirectionsRed Wine Reduction
- Place 1 cup red wine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 15 minutes).
- Place wine in a bowl; let come to room temperature.
- Spray with baking spray or lightly grease and dust with flour, a 9x13 in. pan and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the cream cheese in a standing mixer and beat until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 cup red wine, 1/4 cup strawberry jelly and 1 Tablespoon of flour to the bowl.
- Mix that up until all smooth. Set this aside while you prepare the brownies.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix together the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients by whisking until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips (if using). Pour one-half of the batter into the pan.
- Use a knife or an offset spatula to spread the batter into corners of pan. Pour cream cheese mixture over the batter and then pour the additional half of brownie batter over the cream cheese. Swirl the batters together decoratively with the tip of a knife or spatula.
- Bake for about half an hour (between 26 and 30 minutes). Test brownies before removing from the oven. Stick a toothpick in the center of the pan. Ready = toothpick is clean with a few moist crumbs. Not ready = the toothpick has batter clinging to it. Overbaked = toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing and eating.