- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
Carrots & Carrot Patch Decoration
- 7 Fresh Wish Farms Strawberries
- 1, 12-oz Bag of Orange Candy Melts
- 1, 16-oz Container of Chocolate Frosting
- 10 Oreos, Crushed to Crumbs
- Follow the directions on the package to prepare your chocolate cake.
- Bake as instructed in dish of your preference – Ensure there is enough room for your carrot patch ours was 6 strawberry-carrots in an oval baking dish and a single strawberry-carrot in a small ramekin.
- Allow cake to cool completely before decorating.
- We made this recipe quick and easy with a box cake mix and store-bought frosting, but feel free to substitute with your favorite from-scratch chocolate cake and frosting recipes!
Carrots & Carrot Patch Decoration:
- Prepare your Wish Farms Strawberries for dipping by rinsing each berry and drying thoroughly.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the candy melts in 30 second intervals, mixing well between each interval, until completely smooth.
- Dip each strawberry in the candy melts as far up to the calix (green leaves) as you can get.
- Place the dipped strawberry on the wax paper. Once they’re all dipped, use a spoon to drizzle more orange candy for a striped look.
- Transfer the strawberries to the fridge for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Once the chocolate cake is completely cooled, cover the top of the cake with chocolate frosting and then sprinkle with a layer of Oreo crumb “dirt”.
- Place your dipped strawberry-carrots in desired rows, submerging each about halfway down into the cake and cookie “dirt”.