This recipe was created by Veronica Callaghan, chef and photographer behind Winning Dishes. She is a food lover, a food photo lover, food competitor, recipe developer and an overall happy person! Check out her recipe www.WinningDishes.com or follow her on Instagram for more recipes and fun food photos!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small shallot minced
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 teaspoons blueberry fruit jam (see note)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 cup Wish Farms fresh blueberries, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Season both sides of the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the tablespoon of butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When the pan is very hot, add the boneless pork chops and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees.
- Remove pork from the skillet. Add the shallot to the pan and cook for 1 minute; stir in the broth, balsamic glaze, jam, chili paste and fresh blueberries. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is reduced in half and thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Return the pork to the pan (along with any accumulated juices) and cook for an additional minute. Serve the pork drizzled with the sauce and garnished with the fresh basil and additional fresh blueberries.
- Note: If you can find or make Blueberry Jalapeno pepper jelly you can substitute that for the jam and chili paste.