Sarah Bates is the creator and author behind The Chef Next Door blog. She’s a passionate baker and home cook who loves sharing food with family and friends. A mother to two teenage sons, she keeps busy with school and sporting events, and loves spending time with family and friends. Most days you’ll find her in the kitchen creating new recipes, but she also enjoys shopping, reading, and spending time outdoors.
- 5 ounce container mixed greens
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice, from one large orange
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- First make the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar or other jar with a tight fitting lid, close the lid tightly, and shake vigorously until well combined. Set aside.
- Add the mixed greens to a large serving bowl.
- Add about half of the blueberries, pecans and feta cheese and toss gently.
- Top the salad with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour half of the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
- Add more dressing as needed.
- Bon Appétit!