- Store bought pie crust (this usually comes with 2 pie crusts. One for the top and one for the bottom)
- 3 and 1/2 cup fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- 3 and 1/2 cup fresh Wish Farms raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus a little extra to sprinkle on top of the pie)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (or a bit more if your mixture is too watery)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg white beaten and mixed
- In a large sauce pan, place berries, lemon juice and sugar and simmer. Stir occasionally and allow berries to burst a bit.
- Add a bit of your cornstarch to the mixture and stir in slowly to allow the mixture to thicken. Continue adding until desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Allow to cool for 15- 20 minutes. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell already spread out on the pan.
- Add your lattice top by slicing the top layer of crust into strips and interlacing them.
- Pinch the edges of the top and bottom pie crusts together to combine. Brush a thin layer of beaten egg white over the top of the pie to prevent burning and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Check about halfway through and cover with tinfoil if the top crust is becoming too brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.