- 1 lb. (about 3 cups) blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds (or more depending on the final consistency of your jam)
- Rinse blueberries and add to a saucepan over medium heat, letting the berries come to a soft boil as it begins to liquefy and the fruit softens. Boil for another 5 minutes until the berries have formed a saucy consistency. Carefully smash the berries with a fork or masher for a slightly chunky texture, or use an immersion blender for a silky smooth finish.
- While continuing to cook the berries, add the sweetener of your choice. Taste your jam to make sure it is sweet enough for your liking. Next, add chia seeds and let cook for another minute while stirring. Take the saucepan off the heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. If the jam seems too watery, add another Tablespoon of chia seeds and allow to sit for 10 more minutes.
- Once the jam is room temperature, it is ready to serve and enjoy! To store the chia seed jam, seal in airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Submit your review